There are a a multitude of reasons to have a cage for your camera:
- Stabilization when carrying around – like a Fig Rig.
- Low carry option (i.e. top handle).
- Multiple mounting points for accessories.
- Ability to easily convert your camera to a serious video option.
- Easily mounts to a compatible tripod.
In this video, I am reviewing a cage put out by a company called SmallRig. It’s the first cage that I have ever purchased and I also show the third party bolt-ons that I added to it as well. Lastly, I talk about a table tripod that the cage easily sits in.[wpvideo dCunNp3S]
If you’re interested in purchasing any of the items I talk about here, please click the affiliate links below.
- SmallRig Camera Cage Kit for Sony Alpha 6500 Camera with Top Handle, HDMI Clamp and Camera Cage – 1968
- SmallRig Wooden Handgrip for Sony Alpha a6500 Mirrorless Digital Camera Cage 1889 Cage 1661 -1970
- 70mm/2.76 Inches Quick Release NATO Rail for Camera Cage or handle,with Spring-loaded Safety Pin, by NICEYRIG
- CAMVATE DSLR Wood Wooden NATO Handle Grip (Left hand)
- ZOMEI ZM-CK30-RED Tabletop Mini Foldable Travel Selfie Compact Tripod For Canon Nikon DSLR Camera, Red